Relationships are hard work. We don’t always put in the time and effort needed to sustain them. Too often, couples are not equipped to deal with the challenges they face in marriage. Couples counseling can give you the opportunity to learn techniques that will strengthen your relationship with your partner and propel your connection to the next level.
Many couples make the mistake of waiting to get help with their marital issues until the problems are so large they can see no way out but to split up and then seek therapy as a last resort to try to fix the relationship. As they say, better late than never. It’s never too late or too early to develop good relationship habits and address any problem areas that could arise. The investment of time and energy you put into enriching your relationship will last a lifetime.
My name is Tiffanie (Petersen) Thompson. I am a mental health counselor in west Omaha, Nebraska, and I provide therapy to individuals and couples. I can help you assess the areas of strength and need in your relationship and develop an individualized program to get your relationship moving in the right direction. I provide couples counseling Omaha, NE.
PREPARE-ENRICH was developed by David H. Olson Ph.D, and is a scientifically tested program based on a set of five inventories that examine major relationship issues a couple may experience. There is an inventory to address every stage of a couple’s relationship. Each inventory is intended to assess areas in which relationships need to grow and strengths that will enable couples to progress in a positive direction.
- PREPARE – Pre-marital couples
- PREPARE-MC – Pre-marital couples with children
- PREPARE-CC – Cohabiting Couples with or without children
- ENRICH – Married couples with or without children
- MATE – Couples over the age of 50
There are seven goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals there are couple exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills. The seven goals are:
- To explore Relationship Strengths and Growth Areas
- To learn Assertiveness and Active Listening Skills
- To learn how to resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- To help the couple discuss their Family-of-Origin
- To help the couple with financial planning and budgeting
- To focus on personal, couple and family goals
- Plan for the couple to annually review their marriage and attend couple enrichment programs.
Value to couples
- Help increase partner awareness of both strength and potential growth areas
- Stimulate discussion concerning issues vital to the relationship.
- Teach valuable communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Function as a prevention tool to help couples become aware of important issues before they turn into major problems.
The answers each partner gives on their inventory will be compiled in a 15-page report that will be analyzed to determine each couples areas of strength and need. Based on the needs determined in the inventory, a specific program of couple exercises will be developed to assist the couple in improving their relationship skills. The inventory can be taken in the office or online.
Looking for a west Omaha personal psychotherapist or counselor for individuals? Click here to learn more about Tiffanie Thompson’s counseling with individuals at her counseling office near Millard in southwest Omaha, Nebraska (NE). Tiffanie Thompson is a licensed and certified private mental health therapist that is available to work with clients from Omaha, Elkhorn, Bennington, Gretna, La Vista, Papillion, Ralston, Bellevue, Fremont, Blair and surrounding communities in Douglas County, Sarpy County, Dodge County, and Washington County. If you are looking for couples counseling in these areas, contact Tiffanie Thompson.
Keep in touch with Tiffanie
Copyright 2015 Tiffanie A. Thompson
Designed by Teslathemes